Shotokan-style version of Hangetsu (Half-moon: Shuri-te influenced) compared and contrasted with Aragaki Seisan (Number 13: Tomari-te influenced). We recommend that you compare this video presentation with Goju/Uechi Seisan in order to have all four major versions of Seisan available for comparison and contrast.
1 DVD (2 hours) KCS-6, $39.00
• Introduction & History
• Hangetsu Performed
• Walk through Hangetsu
• Regarding "Themes"
• Hangetsu-dachi, Uchi-uke (inside block)
• Gyaku-zuki (reverse punch) with "Fa-jing" (explosive power)
• Ryo Ippon Ken (double single-point fist)
• Jodan-Gedan Yama-uke (high-low mountain block)
• Turn to Jodan-Gedan Ude-uke (arm block)
• Slide to Hangetsu-dachi
• Gyaku Mikazuki Geri (reverse crescent kick), etc.
• Kosa-ashi (cross step), Mae Geri (front kick), etc.
• Gedan Mikazuki Geri, etc.
• Neko-ashi-dachi (cat foot stance), Teisho-uke (palm heel block)
• Introduction to Aragaki Seisan
• Aragaki Seisan Performed
• Walk through Aragaki Seisan
• Kake-uke (hook block)
• Jodan Age-uke, Age-zuki (high rising block, uppercut)
• Kake-uke, Ren-zuki (hook block, combination punch)
• Turn to Tettsui-uchi (hammerfist strike)
• Mae-geri, Empi-uchi (front kick, elbow strike)
• Mikazuki-geri, Tettsui-uchi (crescent kick, hammerfist strike)
• Chudan Morote Ude-uke (mid-level both hands arm block)
• Side-by-side Kata
• Goju & Uechi Seisan Performed (for comparison)